Basic Submission Guidelines
We are currently closed for general submissions.
We're seeking short story submissions for the following anthologies:
This anthology, to be edited by Steve Berman, seeks short stories and novellettes that adapt classic fairy tales. But we want them populated with Bears! Strapping heroes are fine as long as they are stout. All the stories should have a measure of whimsy and/or wonder.
Before submitting your story, please consult this page - we would rather not double-up on any original fairy tale idea (we fear we'd end up with a book that was mostly about a gang of male Goldilocks roaming the woods and asking one another "Too hot? Too cold? More please!") - so I will be listing any fairy tale that we no longer are interested in reading. Yes, rather than wait a year to hear from us, the entire open period will have "rolling acceptances."
.........please no stories based on Little Red Riding Hood
All stories should be romantic (HEA or HFN). Erotic content is not a necessity but our burly men should be sex-positive about their lives.
Specs: Please submit Word docs only, standard formatting, 12 pt Times Roman at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the title of the anthology as the subject line. No stories below 5k and none greater than 15. Reading period begins August 1st, 2019. Payment is 5 cents a word for original fiction, considerably less for reprints.
An Unzipped Book of Chubby Gay Erotica
A few years ago, we published The Biggest Lover, a collection of gay erotica focused on the larger, chubbier man which was warmly received and one of our proudest collections. This collection has since gone out of print but now we're bringing back a second collection as its spiritual successor: Big Boned: The Unzipped Book of Chubby Gay Erotica. The collection will feature a couple of reprints from The Biggest Lover, and we are seeking further reprint stories to complete the collection.
What we're looking for:
- Gay male erotica featuring at least one chubby protagonist (or adjacent - bring on the big gay bears too!)
- Hotness level: we're open to all levels of explicitness! Our editorial preference is for strongly-characterised stories with a focus that takes sex as more than mechanics, but please don't self-reject - send us anything you suspect may, not matter how tenuous!
- A primarily body-positive outlook is essential; stories involving insecurities or uncertainties or similar are fine, but we will not accept anything with an underlying message that's is not accepting of all body types or reinforces negative stereoptypes. (As a result, anything involving consensual shaming or verbal abuse, though we recognise it as a valid kink, are a hard sell as a story.)
- We are not only open but actively encouraging to stories featuring trans* characters as relevant to the anthology theme.
- No word limit.
- Currently we are only seeking reprints. Depending on our initial response, we may open to unpublished work at a different pay rate at a later date. Excerpts from longer works are fine, provided they stand alone.
- Deadline: none set; we will remain open until we have either filled the Table of Contents or moved to look for original stories. If you see this page on the site, we're still accepting!
- Pay rate: flat rate of $50 per story.
- Also open to considering other media forms (e.g. poetry, art, comic, strip, etc.) on a case by case basis. Feel free to query.
Send submissions to email@example.com.