A Study in Ugliness & outras histórias
An October 2022 release!
Ghosts and weird mourners, horrible teenagers and disgraceful instructors. Haunted prisoners and seafolk taken from the shore. H. Pueyo's evocative writing takes notice that the dead, like memories are often closer than we think, and the guilty are often ignorant of the damage done and astonished when they themselves suffer. This debut collection offers Pueyo's stories in both English and Portuguese to celebrate the author's heritage.
H. Pueyo is an Argentine-Brazilian writer of comics and speculative fiction. Her work has appeared before in Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction, Clarkesworld, Strange Horizons and The Year's Best Dark Fantasy & Horror, among others. Find her online at hachepueyo.com.
"As haunting as it is thought-provoking, this impressive collection will especially appeal to fans of Carmen Maria Machado." - Publishers Weekly
Paperback, 250 pages
Cover design by Inkspiral
Table of Contents:
- "Memory-eater" / O comedor de memórias
- "The Diamond Family Glitters" / O brilho dos Diamantes
- "A Letter, Unfolding" / A carta desdobra
- "The People vs. Nadia Marijuán" / Todos contra Nadia Marijuán
- "An Open Coffin" / Caixão aberto
- "Sea-Crowned" / Coroa do mar
- "Rabbit’s Foot" / Pé de coelho
- "Juan Clemente's Well" / O poço de Juan Clemente
- "A Study in Ugliness" / Estudo em feiura
- "Saligia" / Saligia